Loddiswell, or Loddiswell-Arundell (St. Michael)
LODDISWELL, or Loddiswell-Arundell (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Kingsbridge, hundred of Stanborough, Stanborough and Coleridge, and S. divisions of Devon, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Kingsbridge; containing, with the chapelry of Buckland-Toutsaints, 1069 inhabitants. It comprises 3054 acres, of which 150 are common or waste. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £26. 0. 2½.; patron, Col. W. J. Jones: the great and small tithes have been commuted for £266 each; the vicarial glebe comprises 103 acres. The church contains some interesting monuments to the families of Fortescue and Arundell. There is a chapel of ease at Buckland-Toutsaints. Blackdown camp, an ancient military post, is in the neighbourhood.