Loddington (St. Andrew)
LODDINGTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Kettering, hundred of Rothwell, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4 miles (W.) from Kettering; containing 226 inhabitants. It comprises 1126a. 2r., chiefly arable land; the surface is undulated, and the soil in general fertile. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 4. 4½., and in the patronage of the Crown. The parish was first inclosed in the time of the usurpation of Cromwell, and the tithes were then much reduced in value, but were restored, after a suit in the exchequer by the present rector, the Rev. G. E. Hanmer, in 1820; there are 45 acres of good glebe in hand, with an excellent glebe-house and premises, and a walled garden, and the total income is about £500. The church, which dates 1536, is one of the most curious in the county. The Methodists have a place of worship.