LOCKTON, a township, in the parish of Middleton, union and lythe of Pickering, N. riding of York, 5 miles (N. E. by N.) from Pickering; containing 347 inhabitants. It comprises 4010 acres, of which 1142 are inclosed, 1058 uninclosed, and 1810 acres are in Saltersgate; the soil is very productive, and some good stone is burned into lime. The Whitby and Pickering railway passes through the township. The village, which is pleasantly situated, borders on two winding dales. There is a small chapel of ease in the village, rebuilt in 1800; also a place of worship for Wesleyans.