Llanvair-Waterdine (St. Mary)
LLANVAIR-WATERDINE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Knighton, hundred of Purslow, S. division of Salop, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Knighton; containing 603 inhabitants. The parish was a chapelry in Clun, till 1593. It is bounded by the river Teme, by which it is divided from the county of Radnor, and comprises about 7000 acres; the surface is hilly, and the soil generally a light gravel. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £78; patron and impropriator, the Earl of Powis, whose tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £375. The church is a plain building without a steeple.