LLANTHONY, an extra-parochial liberty, in the union of Gloucester, Middle division of the hundred of Dudstone and King's-Barton, adjacent to the city, and in the E. division of the county, of Gloucester. A priory, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. John the Baptist, was founded here in 1136, by Milo, Earl of Hereford, for some refugees from Llanthony Abbey, Monmouthshire, to which it was at first a cell, but of which it afterwards became the superior. At the Dissolution it had a revenue of £748. 19. 11.