LLANROTHAL, a parish, in the union of Monmouth, Lower division of the hundred of Wormelow, county of Hereford, 4 miles (N. N. W.) from the town of Monmouth; containing 108 inhabitants. The parish is situated in the southern part of the county, and bounded on the west by the river Munnow, which separates it from Monmouthshire; it comprises 1467 acres, and is boldly undulated. The living is a discharged vicarage, endowed with the rectorial tithes, valued in the king's books at £3. 15. 5., and in the gift of Joseph Price, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £192, and the glebe consists of 12 acres. The church is an ancient edifice. At a farm called Treged Castle, is the moat of an old fortress.