Littleton, North (St. Nicholas)
LITTLETON, NORTH (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Evesham, Upper division of the hundred of Blackenhurst, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5 miles (N. E.) from Evesham; containing 296 inhabitants. The parish is situated in the south-eastern part of the county, between the left bank of the river Avon and a detached portion of Gloucestershire; and comprises with the township of Middle Littleton, 1512 acres, arable and meadow land. The living is a perpetual curacy, united to that of South Littleton, and valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 9.: the tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in the year 1811. The church is cruciform, of moderate size, and with a substantial tower; the interior presents several interesting relics of ornamental work. At a little distance from the church stands an extensive and remarkable barn of stone, in the form of a cross, and measuring 150 feet in length from east to west; it was erected by one of the abbots of Evesham, to receive the tithe of corn from the two parishes of Littleton, belonging to the abbey.