Littleton, High (Holy Trinity)
LITTLETON, HIGH (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Clutton, hundred of Chewton, E. division of Somerset, 9½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Bath; containing, with the hamlet of Hallatrow, 1116 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 7. 8½.; net income, £97; patrons, J. G. Mogg, Esq., and the Rev. H. H. Mogg, incumbent; impropriators, J. G. Mogg, Esq., Mrs. James, and Miss Hodges Mogg. The great tithes have been commuted for £199, and the vicarial for £13. 6. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is an ancient structure; in the chancel is a monument to the Mogg family, erected in 1584, from which time they have been owners of the greater part of the parish. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Mrs. Mary Jones, in 1787, left £500 to the poor.