LITTLECOT, a chapelry, in the parish of Chilton-Foliatt, union of Hungerford, hundred of Kinwardstone, Marlborough and Ramsbury, and S. divisions of Wilts, 3 miles (W. by N.) from Hungerford. A curious tessellated pavement, the largest ever found in England, was discovered in Littlecot Park, in 1730, but, unfortunately, was soon destroyed; an accurate drawing, however, was made, which was engraved at the expense of the Society of Antiquaries. Pickedfield, a part of the Littlecot domain, was purchased by government, in 1803, for the purpose of establishing a depôt for the interior of the country; it comprises about 40 acres of ground, on which were erected three magazines and other buildings. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £140, and the vicarial for 11s. payable to the vicar of Enford. At Knyghton, a small hamlet on the north bank of the Kennet, near Littlecot Park, is an ancient encampment.