Littlebury (Holy Trinity)
LITTLEBURY (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Saffron-Walden, hundred of Uttlesford, N. division of Essex, 2 miles (W. N. W.) from Saffron-Walden; containing 822 inhabitants, and comprising 3408a. 1r. 31p. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £10. 2. 1.; net income, £205; patron, the Rector. The rectory is a sinecure, valued at £26. 13. 4.; net income, £24; patron, the Rev. J. H. Sparke, Prebendary of the fifth stall in the Cathedral of Ely. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1801. The church is within the area of an ancient encampment. On Chapel green was formerly a chapel of ease. In 1585, Jane Bradbury bequeathed some land, for instruction.