Littlebourne (St. Vincent)
LITTLEBOURNE (St. Vincent), a parish, in the union of Bridge, hundred of Downhamford, lathe of St. Augustine, E. division of Kent, 4 miles (E.) from Canterbury; containing 819 inhabitants. The parish is on the road to Deal, and comprises 2101a. 20p., of which about 1281 acres are arable, 245 meadow, 441 wood, 66 in orchards, and 41 in hop-grounds. The village is situated on a branch of the river Stour, on the bank of which is an extensive corn-mill; there are also a brewery and a tanyard. A fair, chiefly for pleasure, is held on the 5th of July. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £235; patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury; impropriator, Charles James, Esq. The church is ancient. There is a place of worship for Calvinists.