LITTLEBOROUGH, a parish, in the union of East Retford, North-Clay division of the wapentake of Bassetlaw, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 8½ miles (E. by N.) from East Retford; containing 77 inhabitants. The parish contains 916 acres, and is situated on the river Trent, across which is a ferry that has existed from the time of the Romans. It is supposed to be the site of the station Segelocum, or Agelocum. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £58; patron and impropriator, G. Saville Foljambe, Esq.: the tithes were commuted for land in 1822. The church, a very ancient structure, was put into a state of thorough repair by the late incumbent, the Rev. Francis Hewgill, and the chancel was beautified by the patron; many Roman bricks are found in the old walls, and the masonry in some parts is of that kind called the herringbone style.