LITCHURCH, a township, in the parish of St. Peter, Derby, union and hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, S. division of the county of Derby, 1½ mile (S. E.) from Derby; containing, in 1841, 855 inhabitants. This place, which, with Morleston, gives name to the hundred, has, since the formation of the Midland railway, become very populous; it is part of a suburb of the town of Derby, and contains the Arboretum, and the union workhouse. The area of the township is 704 acres. Several neat villa residences have been erected adjoining the Osmaston road. A court is held at Easter and Michaelmas.