LINTON, a township, in the parish of Spofforth, Upper division of the wapentake of Claro, W. riding of York, 1¾ mile (W. by S.) from Wetherby; containing 169 inhabitants. The township comprises by computation 1030 acres. The village is situated on the north side of the vale of the Wharfe. A rent-charge of £257. 10. has been awarded as a commutation for the tithes. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.