Limpenhoe (St. Botolph)
LIMPENHOE (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (S.) from Acle; containing 186 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the south by the navigable river Yare, and intersected by the Norwich and Yarmouth railway: it comprises 1080 acres. An act was passed in 1840, for inclosing certain portions of land. The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Southwood, and valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; patron and impropriator, J. F. Leathes, Esq. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style, with a low tower, and an enriched Norman doorway. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists.