Lillington (St. Mary Magdalene)
LILLINGTON (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Warwick, Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 1 mile (N.) from the town of Leamington; containing 272 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1381 acres: sandstone of soft texture is quarried for building purposes. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 13. 4.; patron and impropriator, the Rev. Henry Wise: the tithes have been commuted for £167, and the glebe consists of 40 acres. The church is an ancient structure, combining various styles of English architecture.