Lillings Ambo, or East and West Lillings
LILLINGS AMBO, or East and West Lillings, a township, in the parish of Sheriff-Hutton, wapentake of Bulmer, union and N. riding of York, 9½ miles (N. N. E.) from York; containing 208 inhabitants. The township comprises by measurement 1530 acres, and is situated at the head of the Foss navigation. Lillings Hall stands to the east of East Lillings. The tithes for West Lillings were commuted for land in 1769.