LILBURN, EAST, a township, in the parish of Eglingham, union of Glendale, N. division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 4¾ miles (S. E. by E.) from Wooler; containing 80 inhabitants. The township is bounded on the east by the river Till, and comprises about 900 acres of land, of a dry gravelly soil; about two-thirds are arable, and the remainder pasture and moor: the surface is hilly and undulated. An inferior kind of stone is quarried. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £55. 7. 6., with a glebe of 28 acres, and the impropriate for £122. 12. 4. In 1768, on the removal of a heap of stones, the base and fragments of a cross, with four rows of steps, were discovered beneath.