Lexham, East (St. Andrew)
LEXHAM, EAST (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Launditch, W. division of Norfolk, 8 miles (N. N. E.) from Swaffham; containing 236 inhabitants. It comprises 1190 acres, of which 866 are arable, 257 pasture and meadow, and 67 woodland. The Hall is a handsome mansion, situated in a small well-wooded park. The living is a discharged rectory, united to that of Litcham in the year 1742, and valued in the king's books at £8. 6.: the tithes have been commuted for £205. The church is an ancient structure, with a circular tower overspread with ivy, and contains a piscina of beautiful workmanship.