Leverton, North and South (St. Helen)
LEVERTON, NORTH and SOUTH (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Boston, wapentake of Skirbeck, parts of Holland, county of Lincoln, 5¾ miles (N. E. by E.) from Boston; containing 687 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £16. 6., and in the alternate patronage of the Crown, and A. Booth, Esq.; net income, £759: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1810. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Sixty-one acres and a half of land in the parish produce £100 per annum, for distribution among the poor; but by whom they were given is not known.