LEONARD, ST., a parish, in the union of St. Thomas, hundred of Wonford, Wonford and S. divisions of Devon, ½ a mile (S. E.) from Exeter; containing 1129 inhabitants. Here is an institution for deaf and dumb children for the four western counties. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 19. 4½., and in the gift of the Wills family: the tithes have been commuted for £162, and the glebe contains 2 acres. In the churchyard was a hermitage. The mansion called Mount Radford, erected in the sixteenth century, was garrisoned during the parliamentary war.