Leinthall-Starkes (St. Mary Magdalene)
LEINTHALL-STARKES (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Ludlow, hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 6 miles (S. W. by W.) from the town of Ludlow; containing 147 inhabitants. The parish consists of 993 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £53; patron, Sir W. R. Boughton, Bart.; appropriator, the Bishop of Hereford. A school is endowed with £14 per annum, the bequest of Thomas Allen, Esq., in 1704.