LEIGH, NORTH, a parish, in the union of Honiton, hundred of Colyton, Honiton and S. divisions of Devon, 3¾ miles (W. N. W.) from Colyton; containing 252 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1000 acres, of which 150 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 9. 7., and in the gift of the Rev. H. Braddell: the tithes have been commuted for £169. 10.