LEIGH, LITTLE, a chapelry, in the parish of Great Budworth, union of Northwich, hundred of Bucklow, N. division of the county of Chester, 3½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Northwich; containing 387 inhabitants. It comprises 1523 acres, the soil of which is clay, loam, and gravel. The Grand Trunk canal passes in the vicinity. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £125; patron, the Vicar of Great Budworth. Tithe rent-charges have been awarded, of which £1. 10. are payable to an impropriator, £10 to the vicar, and £120 to the Dean and Chapter of Christ-Church, Oxford. The chapel is an ancient building, repaired in 1664. Here is a place of worship for Baptists.