LEDSHAM, a township, in the parish of Neston, union, and Higher division of the hundred, of Wirrall, S. division of the county of Chester, 6¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Chester: containing 81 inhabitants. In Domesday book the name is written Levetsham, and the lands are therein stated to have been held by Walter de Vernon. In the reign of Richard II., the Gerards were connected with the place; and in that of Elizabeth, a portion of the estate came by purchase to the Masseys, from whom it passed in 1715, by will, to Sir Thomas Stanley, of Hooton. The township comprises 790 acres, of which 26 are common or waste; the soil is clay. The tithes have been commuted for £1. 5. payable to an impropriator, £1. 10. to the vicar, and £70 to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.