Leamington-Hastings (All Saints)
LEAMINGTON-HASTINGS (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Rugby, Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Dunchurch; containing, with the hamlets of Broadwell, Hill, and Kytes-Hardwick, 509 inhabitants. This parish comprises by computation 3220 acres of fertile land, of which 1600 are grass, and the remainder arable; the surface is in some parts undulated. Limestone is abundant, and the blue lias kind crops up to the very surface. The river Leam and the Warwick and Napton canal pass by the parish. The living is an endowed vicarage, valued in the king's books at £20; net income, £695; patron, E. D. Sitwell, Esq. The church is an ancient structure with a very fine tower and two Saxon doorways; the windows contain the armorial bearings of the Trevor and Wheler families. A parochial school at Hill, rebuilt in 1842, is supported by the produce of land granted at the inclosure of the parish. Eight almshouses are endowed with estates left by Humphrey Davis, and two with lands purchased with a bequest by Dame Wheler. There was anciently a chapel at Broadwell.