Leake, West (St. Helen)
LEAKE, WEST (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Loughborough, S. division of the wapentake of Rushcliffe and of the county of Nottingham, 2¾ miles (E.) from Kegworth; containing 208 inhabitants, and consisting of 1400 acres. The living is a rectory, united to that of East Leake, and valued in the king's books at £25. 4. 7.: the tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £130, and the glebe comprises 10 acres. The church is a very ancient structure, with an open campanile turret.