Lasham (St. Mary)
LASHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Alton, hundred of Odiham, Basingstoke and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 4 miles (N. W. by W.) from the town of Alton; containing 284 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1587 acres, of which 1330 are arable, 57 meadow, and 200 woodland. The soil is principally a red clay; the chief crops are wheat, oats, and barley, and the prevailing timber oak and beech. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 18. 9., and in the gift of G. P. Jervoise, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £350, and the glebe comprises 81 acres.