Lanteglos cum Camelford (St. Santy and St. Advent)
LANTEGLOS cum Camelford (St. Santy and St. Advent), a parish, in the union of Camelford, hundred of Lesnewth, E. division of Cornwall; containing 1541 inhabitants, of whom 836 are in Lanteglos. This parish, which is intersected by the river Camel, comprises by measurement 3562 acres; the surface is very hilly, and the soil for the greater part shallow and slaty, with some portions of good meadow land on the banks of the river. A slate-quarry is in full operation. The living is a rectory, with that of Advent annexed, valued in the king's books at £34. 11. 3., and in the patronage of the Crown, in right of the duchy of Cornwall; net income, £474. The church is a very handsome structure, with a lofty tower, and contains 500 sittings. There are places of worship for Wesleyans, and an endowed school on the national system. Near Castle Gough are some remains of earthworks.