Lansalloes (St. Alwys)
LANSALLOES (St. Alwys), a parish, in the union of Liskeard, hundred of West, E. division of Cornwall, 6 miles (W. by S.) from West Looe; containing 828 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by Lantivet bay, and comprises by measurement 2774 acres, of which 80 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18; patrons, the family of Rawlings: the tithes have been commuted for £500, and the glebe comprises 7 acres. The church is a neat structure. There is an episcopal chapel, erected in 1839, at the expense of the Rev. W. Rawlings.