Lanlivery (St. Brevita)
LANLIVERY (St. Brevita), a parish, in the union of Bodmin, E. division of Powder hundred and of Cornwall, 1½ mile (W. by S.) from Lostwithiel; containing 1809 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Plymouth to Falmouth, and intersected by the river Fowey; and comprises 6814 acres, of which 563 are common or waste land. Granite of very good quality is quarried extensively for the use of the dockyards of Plymouth and Portsmouth. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £18. 6. 8.; patron, Nicholas Kendall, Esq.; impropriator, the Earl of Mount-Edgcumbe. The rectorial tithes have been commuted for £372. 10., and the vicarial for £304. 10.; the glebe comprises 15 acres. The church is a handsome structure of granite, in the later English style, with a lofty embattled tower crowned by pinnacles, and consists of two spacious aisles, separated by a central range of clustered columns. There are two places of worship for Wesleyans.