Langham, Great, or Bishop's-Langham (St. Andrew)
LANGHAM, GREAT, or Bishop's-Langham (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (N. E.) from Blakeney; containing 383 inhabitants. This parish, which includes Little Langham, comprises 1692a. 17p., whereof 150 acres are pasture, 100 woodland, and the remainder arable. The soil is of a mixed quality, in some parts rather light, resting on marl; the surface is gently undulated, and the lower grounds are watered by a stream falling into the river Stiff key. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £4. 10. 2.; net income, £146; patron and appropriator, the Bishop of Norwich. The tithes were commuted for land in 1815. The church is chiefly in the later English style, with a square embattled tower, and contains a Norman font.