Langford (St. Mary)
LANGFORD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Farringdon, hundred of Bampton, county of Oxford, 3½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Lechlade; containing, with the tything of Little Farringdon, the township of Grafton, and hamlet of Radcutt, 707 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £21. 19. 4½.; net income, £349; patron, W. Vizard, Esq.; appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, under acts of inclosure, in 1808 and 1810. The church has been repaired, and 140 free sittings provided. There is a chapel of ease at Little Farringdon.