Landbeach (All Saints)
LANDBEACH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of Northstow, county of Cambridge, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Cambridge; containing 468 inhabitants. It is on the road from Cambridge to Ely, and comprises 2207a. lr. 27p. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 1. 3., and in the gift of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge: the tithes were commuted for land in 1807; the value of the glebe altogether is £633 per annum. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower surmounted by an elegant spire; on the tower are some sculptured devices, among which the emblems of the Crucifixion, and a shield with two keys in saltier, are discernible. There is a place of worship for Baptists. Robert Masters, B.D., author of the History of Corpus Christi College, of which society he was a fellow, was rector of this parish.