Lamorran (St. Moran)
LAMORRAN (St. Moran), a parish, in the union of Truro, W. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall, 4 miles (S. W. by W.) from Tregony; containing 99 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the south by the navigable river Fal, and indented by a creek of that river, to which it gives name. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6, and in the gift of the Earl of Falmouth: the tithes have been commuted for £153, and the glebe comprises 42 acres, with a house. The late church was an ancient edifice, situated on the border of Lamorran Creek, with a detached tower mantled with ivy and concealed by foliage; it was supposed to be part of a monastery or cell which once existed here. The present edifice was built on the same site, by the Earl of Falmouth, and opened in August, 1845; the style of the old church has been retained, with good effect.