Laleham (All Saints)
LALEHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Staines, hundred of Spelthorne, county of Middlesex, 2 miles (S. S. E.) from Staines; containing 612 inhabitants. This parish, which is pleasantly situated on the bank of the river Thames, and intersected by a branch of the Coln, comprises by computation 1290 acres, of which by far the greater portion is arable. The soil is fertile; the surface is generally flat, and, in those parts near the river, subject to occasional inundation. The scenery is enlivened by the seat of the Earl of Lucan, in which are two rare and beautiful pillars of verde antique, brought from Italy by the present peer. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Staines; impropriator, G. Hartwell, Esq. The church is a small ancient structure in the Norman style, with a low brick tower. Mrs. Reeves, in 1679, bequeathed some land, the income to be distributed to the poor.