Ladbroke (All Saints)
LADBROKE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Southam, Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 1¾ mile (S.) from Southam; containing 252 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the road from Oxford to Coventry, and comprises 1928a. 3r. 27p., of which 401 are arable, 1506 grass-land, and 8 wood. Limestone is plentiful, and is quarried for burning into lime, and for building and road-making. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 10.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Arthur Turner: the tithes have been commuted for £438. 5., and the glebe comprises 40 acres. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower surmounted by a lofty and elegant spire, and contains several monuments, chiefly to the Palmer family.