KNIGHTON-UPON-TEAME, a chapelry, in the parish of Lindridge, union of Tenbury, Lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Tenbury and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 3¾ miles (E. N. E.) from Tenbury, on the road to Ludlow; containing, with the hamlet of Newnham, 552 inhabitants. This chapelry is situated in the western part of the parish, and surrounded by the county of Salop, except on the south, where it is bounded by the river Teame. It comprises 2489 acres of land, of which 1097 acres are the property of Sir William Smith, Bart., whose seat, Eardiston, is a handsome mansion near the Teame. The Leominster canal passes through the chapelry. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Lindridge; net income, £100, paid out of the vicarial tithes. The chapel, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient edifice with a wooden spire, and will seat 200 persons.