Knettishall (All Saints)
KNETTISHALL (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 5½ miles (S. by W.) from East Harling; containing 79 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 1080 acres, and is bounded by the smaller river Ouse, which separates it from the county of Norfolk. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 7. 11.; net income, £184; patron, Thomas Thornhill, Esq.: the glebe comprises 28 acres. The church is in the early English style, with a square embattled tower.