KNAPTOFT, a parish, in the unions of Lutterworth and Market-Harborough, partly in the hundred of Gartree, and partly in that of Guthlaxton, S. division of the county of Leicester, 7 miles (N. E. by E.) from Lutterworth; containing, with the chapelries of Mowsley and Shearsby, and part of the hamlet of Walton, 936 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £32. 12. 6.; net income, £591; patron, the Duke of Rutland. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, under an act of inclosure, in 1778. The church is in ruins. There are chapels of ease at Mowsley and Shearsby. Various charitable bequests have been made, amounting to £19 per annum. Vestiges of an ancient encampment may be traced. Dr. Richard Watson, Bishop of Llandaff, was incumbent of the parish.