Kislingbury (St. Luke)
KISLINGBURY (St. Luke), a parish, in the union of Northampton, hundred of Newbottle-Grove, S. division of the county of Northampton, 3½ miles (W. by S.) from Northampton; containing 686 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the north by the road from Northampton to Daventry, and intersected by the western branch of the river Nene, on the right bank of which the village is situated. It consists of 1768 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18. 9. 7.; net income, £547; patron and incumbent, the Rev. R. B. Hughes. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1779. The church has some portions in the decorated style, an embattled tower surmounted by a spire, and a fine octagonal font. There is a place of worship for Baptists. A school is supported from an allotment of 33 acres, assigned on the inclosure in 1779, and yielding £70 annually, a portion of which is applied to parochial purposes.