Kirmington (St. Helen)
KIRMINGTON (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Glandford-Brigg, E. division of the wapentake of Yarborough, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 7 miles (E. N. E.) from Glandford-Brigg; containing 367 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Boston to Hull, and comprises 1642a. 3r. 12p. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £4. 18. 4.; net income, £138; patron and impropriator, the Earl of Yarborough. The tithes were commuted for land in 1777; the glebe comprises 94 acres, and there are 26 acres purchased with Queen Anne's Bounty. The church, an ancient structure, has a neat spire, erected at the expense of the Earl of Yarborough, in 1838. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.