Kirkton (Holy Trinity)
KIRKTON (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Southwell, South-Clay division of the wapentake of Bassetlaw, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 2¾ miles (N. E. by E.) from Ollerton; containing 265 inhabitants. The parish comprises by computation 917 acres: the village is at the foot of a steep and richlywooded eminence, and has a pleasingly rural appearance. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 14. 9½.; net income, £259; patron, the Duke of Newcastle. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1821; the glebe altogether comprises 180 acres. The church has a lofty tower. There is a place of worship for Baptists.