Kirkby-Upon-Bain (St. Mary)
KIRKBY-UPON-BAIN (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Horncastle, S. division of the wapentake of Gartree, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 6 miles (S. S. W.) from Horncastle; containing, with the township of Tumby, 680 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 13. 6½., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £653. The tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1796. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; also a school endowed with land now producing £60 per annum, by Richard Brocklesby, in 1713.