KIRBY, COLD, a parish, in the union of Helmsley, wapentake of Birdforth, N. riding of York, 7 miles (E. N. E.) from Thirsk; containing 182 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 2100 acres, of which about two-thirds are arable, and one-third pasture and meadow. The village is situated close to Hamilton Plain, and south of the Hamilton hills. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £63; patron, Thomas Duncombe, Esq., of Copgrove. The church was rebuilt in 1842, at the sole expense of the patron, who also presented a communion-service of plate.