Kinnersley (St. Chad)
KINNERSLEY (St. Chad), a parish, in the union of Wellington, Newport division of the hundred of South Bradford, N. division of Salop, 4¾ miles (N. N. E.) from Wellington; containing 295 inhabitants, and comprising 1789 acres by measurement. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 1. 8., and in the gift of the Duke of Sutherland: the tithes have been commuted for £340, and the glebe comprises 82 acres. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style. About half a mile from it are the remains of a large encampment, called the Wall, supposed to be of British origin.