Kinnerley (St. Mary)
KINNERLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the hundred of Oswestry, N. division of Salop, 6 miles (S. E. by S.) from the town of Oswestry; containing 1286 inhabitants. This parish, which is intersected by the great Holyhead road, comprises about 5000 acres. A castle here was demolished during the minority of Henry III., by Llewelyn, Prince of Wales, who agreed to make reparation for the act; but the building was never habitable afterwards. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £114. The church is a plain edifice.