Kington Magna (Holy Trinity)
KINGTON MAGNA (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Wincanton, hundred of Redlane, Sturminster division of Dorset, 6½ miles (W.) from Shaftesbury; containing, with the tything of Nyland, 616 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from London, viâ Yeovil, to Exeter; and comprises by measurement 1884 acres. Stone of inferior quality for building is dug, as occasion requires. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 4. 7.; net income, £532; patron, the Duke of Rutland: the glebe comprises 66 acres. The church is an ancient structure. There are places of worship for Independents and Primitive Methodists.