KINGSTONE, a parish, in the union of Uttoxeter, S. division of the hundred of Totmonslow, N. division of the county of Stafford, 3½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Uttoxeter; containing 339 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the stream Blythe, which bounds it on the west; it comprises 2007a. 1p., of which 1150 acres are meadow and pasture, 605 arable, and 251 woodland. The surface is hilly, and the soil a strong clay and marl, producing good crops of wheat and oats; the plantations are chiefly oak and ash. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £68; patron, Earl Talbot, whose tithes here have been commuted for £121. 11. The church is an ancient building, much decayed, and appears to have been the nave of a much larger edifice; the tower is of brick, and of recent date.