Kingston, or Kinson
KINGSTON, or Kinson, a district chapelry, in the parish of Canford-Magna, union of Poole, hundred of Cogdean, Wimborne division of Dorset, 1¾ mile (S.) from Corfe-Castle; containing 846 inhabitants. The river Stour runs on the northern side of the chapelry. A rent-charge of £403. 10. has been awarded as a commutation of the impropriate tithes, and one of £380 in lieu of the vicarial; there is a glebe of 19 acres. The chapel, dedicated to St. Andrew, was built iu 1833, and is a handsome edifice, containing the remains of Sir Frederick Cavendish Ponsonby, governor of Malta.